Thursday, December 20, 2007

Eid-ul-Adha

I am an agnostic so I am not supposed to have any religious festivals. Well I have born in a Muslim family and over the time these become my inane attributes. Is that something, sounds hypocrisy? Ok, in most of the cases they are transformed to such extent that they loose their religious part. Now they are simply cultural festival. End of the day this is very difficult for me to get rid of this kind of things. Again in another psychology, agnostics are considered as escapist. And being an escapist is not possible for me to ignore such a significant religious festivals. In other way few prominent atheists think that it is very difficult for average people to live without any big festival and this is a big reason of survival of religions. Lot of people believes that they belong to any clan just because they attend their festivals nothing else. Ok, I can mention thousands of them but that does not really mean anything.

Whatever you choose for me, I celebrate the tomorrow’s festival and it is our Eid-ul-Adha. Muslim used to slaughter their domestic animal on the name of God. This culture is inherited from Ibrahim. Professor W. Montgomery Watt suggested that Muhammad import this festival from Meccans, because he tries to deceive them, Islam is closer to Meccans than Jews. Any of these could be the reason not important right now. Few nonbelievers argue with process of slaughter, they find the process is brutal. Whatever!!! I enjoyed the end result of Eid-ul-Adha. And I like beef more than anything else :-). I wish Happy Eid-ul-Adha for whole Muslim community and Eid-Mubarak to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no abusive word, no spam.