Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Recent Unemployment Problem

Within last few days I received few mails from newly graduate students. All of them are asking for jobs. I feel they are little bit worry about jobs and at the same time they are afraid. Ok let start from BUET. Batch’02 completes their undergraduate last month now they are in job market. According to their information fifty percent of them get suitable job and rest are looking for one. Is it the usual scenario? I guess not. When we complete our undergraduate most of us get suitable jobs except few variants before our results. I guess the percentage was more than ninety. I don’t have exact data about batch’01; I guess they were closer to us.

Now, is there anything wrong? Well this is a big question. I suggest we are producing more computer engineer than we required. Actually we don’t need such a big number. So the new engineers are facing the obvious repercussions, Unemployment Problem. Is that a desired situation for us? It can’t be.

I figure few reasons for their sufferings. I am not pretty sure, either you agree or not. First of all we complete our undergraduate at November 2006 after that Batch’01 complete there undergraduate and now Batch’02. So three batch complete their under graduation within last one year. So here is temporary inundation of skilled computer engineers. There was no session for graduate studies in between; lots of peoples are waiting for fall’2008. I guess this problem will reduce significantly after that.

The second thing is alarming! In our country we don’t have any large software organization. Few of the telecommunication companies are the first choice for the job seekers. Most of our software companies are based on outsourcing. The alarming thing is outsourcing is not growing at its previous pace. Most of our outsourcing based companies just stuck. Few companies are running out of work. At the same time telecommunication organization are saturated. I am not sure about what happens on coming years?

Few days ago, “Computer Science is going down Nationally and Internationally” was a title of the conversation in our group. Everybody express their ideas on favor of this. So it must have some truth. If you spend time on internet you will find hundreds of article about dot com crush. These are not good signs. Personally, I always feel that hey-day of Computer Programmer still far away. But, most of the intellects do not support me on that occasion. I feel we will reach our zenith when hardware industry overcomes their shortcomings.

Anyway, I hope this Unemployment Problem is very temporary and I expect we guys will try our best for our followers in current situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no abusive word, no spam.