Friday, February 1, 2008

Amar Ekushey Grontho Mela

I am almost at the end of last one from last book fair’2007. It is a tale of Dinesh Chandra Sen by himself. So New Year had begun with new commitments and book fair of this year starts today. Traditionally we called it “Amar Ekushey Book Fair”. This is the only fair held in Dhaka city that I attend. Every year I buy sufficient books from book fair and I read them over the year. Generally they are exclusive collection.

I used to go to Aziz super Market once in a week. Usually I buy one or two for that week. By the way I got a very good collection of book. I am planning to buy few from book fair this year. Today was the opening ceremony. I never went to book fair at opening day but I was ready to break that rule. So I went there at afternoon, but I was earlier than the chief guest. So, I had to back from ingress. Anyway, may be I will go tomorrow.

This is basically kind of exhibition for the publishers. Actually the stalls are not prepared yet for the crowd. Usually they make them prepare in the very first week of the exhibition. 350 to 360 publishers prepare their stall in this exhibition. In this exhibition there is a discount for every book. More or less the environment is fine, in fact better than any other fair held in Dhaka city. So this is a must go place for people of Dhaka City.

Few people enjoy the company of writers. All writers gathered at Book Fair at evening. You may find your favorite one. Though personally I don’t enjoy that, I found people enjoy that. Moreover all intellectuals gather in book fair in this month. Few cultural festival and talk show take place inside it. In my view this is good place among lot worst.

In early days of my life I thought that February is notable because of book fair and Language Movement held on February also because of book fair. February is something different from very early days of my life. May be this is because my father is an obsessive reader and I inherit that from him. In my university life I usually go there every evening. It was my kind of daily routine. May be this year I cannot go so frequently but I try my best to go there maximum possible time… :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no abusive word, no spam.