Friday, January 25, 2008

Aziz Mian

One thing I missed in my last post about my last tour, “Aziz Mian”. At first glance he seems a bluffer, he exploit tourists and so on. I met him at Jaflong. He is a Rikshaw puller in his professional life. Tentatively, he is twenty to twenty three years old. I met him at weird place. When we reached Jaflong I got a pee, I was looking for a toilet. Aziz Mian show me the way to a toilet. He got a peculiar facial structure. My English is not that much good to describe Aziz Mian.

Anyway Aziz Mian starts his conversation with me by making me conscious about fraudulent. Finally he wants to stay with us for the rest of the time. By the time we figure him as an interesting character, he is indeed. So we took him with us for the rest of the time we stay at Jaflong. We found him as a good company. He shows us every different place. We were aware of tourist places, lot of people stay there just to exploit tourists. We consider Aziz Mian as one of them. We brought up in such a society that, it is difficult for us to consider anybody innocent. We never see the innocence in our surroundings.

We were mistaken. He is not that kind of guy. He is such a simple man with minimum expectation. Even he was ashamed to take money from us at the time of goodbye. I see the true innocence in his face. I will remember Jaflong for a long time just because Aziz Mian. His expression, intension, passion, and love everything was so innocent that we couldn’t but loved him.

He is garrulous in nature. Hasib and I send Rassel to keep him busy. We notice an important similarity among them, Both of them like tribal girls ;-). They chat about tribal girls, their life style, etc. Anyway he made our Jaflong experience colorful. When we were getting back from Jaflong I give him a hug, that was more than he expects and he starts crying. We were very embarrassed. If you ever go to Jaflong and meet Aziz Mian, tell him that I still remember him. One thing I am missing right now while writing this post, is Aziz Mian's photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no abusive word, no spam.