Thursday, June 26, 2008

Dishonesty in our blood

I have another post with same title. Actually it is the follow up of that story. The project was big enough and I was not the only guy working on that project. In fact I was not the key person of that project. Finally I didn’t make that deal. I asked that entrepreneur to go to appropriate authority for the product. And I gave him the proprietor’s cell number. He went to him and tries to negotiate with the price. But I guess he didn’t have any intention to buy it in proper way. Hopefully he met other key persons there.

I guess among them few know about my blog and read my previous post. They understand the whole thing. After few days, I got a sms it says, “Very interesting, anyway I am interested.” I was lil bit stunned then finally I ignore that sms with the conclusion that he is kidding. But I was wrong. He was seriously interested about the whole thing. After two or three days he made a call. He says that he is interested about the whole things. And he is ready to deliver the product with lil customization and he wants me arrange the whole thing.

I was shocked. I didn’t expect it from him. He is respectable guy, still I respect him. But it was unnecessary. May be there was some strong reason to do that at that time. It was very small incident but it gives me exact idea about our psychology. How we think? How we act? I believe honesty is vague conception; it is depended on your current situation. But we should have some ethics which will decide what to do and what to not? I don’t know is that right or wrong but these are my believes.

This is a story about our software industry, programmer and businessmen. Surely this is a random incident; this is not the whole picture. Still our software industry is not matured and surely they will never be so. We are interested about short time profit not long time business. As I am a software engineer I know lot about this industry and the people related with the industry. I have another story based on one of my current colleague which is a different version with same theme. I will tell it later. Anyway, the main thing is we are responsible for your misfortune, we have to change ourselves. This is the time otherwise our next generation will spit on us.

NB: I am very sorry if I hurt you, but I didn't understand how do you feel I will agree with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no abusive word, no spam.