Saturday, June 14, 2008

My first Nonsmoking Day

Today is the first non smoking day. It is always easy to decide not to smoke any more but it is very difficult to strict on that decision. I am kind of habitual smoker. I never thought it will be so difficult to give up smoking. The whole day was complete shit. And every moment I feel like something is missing, something is missing. I am suggesting you if you don’t have enough reason then don’t try to give up smoking.

It was bit easy at morning but as the clock tics it seems almost unbearable. Having a cigar after lunch is common habit of any smoker. If it is your first day then you feel like you didn’t take your lunch at all. And your total body tries to cope with this new situation. So it’s not an easier things to handle.

I always thought that why people look for reason to give up smoking. Today I realize why they need a strong reason to give up smoking. I know all the bad things about smoking at least it means nothing in an environment like Dhaka. Anyway still I haven’t take any cigar.

For some moments I thought I would rather buy cheroot which is not cigarette in usual sense. But it would be faking with self so give up the idea. In some way it disturbs my mental stability. Whole day it was in my mind, certainly that is not usual. However, I hope everything will be fine within one or two weeks.

The whole things become worse when all the people around you are smoking and you are sitting with them and smoking passively. I am loosing faith on myself. So, I am not that much hopeful like yesterday. Let’s see how far I can go with my non smoking campaign.

5 comments:

  1. he he.......i am very happy that still now i have no strong reason to give up smoking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sort of reason is needed to take up smoking? If your reason for quiting smoking is not strong enough your reason for taking was also not strong enough.It's natural law of balance. One must negate the other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hurdle that I face is my environment: my friends, my colleagues and cousins. If I want to give up smoking I should leave them first then smoking. This is not that they are forcing me to smoke but this is something different. I saw peoples give up smoking after their marriage; this is a very common case in our country. I was wondered how they do that. But now I feel like this is possible because when they get married their environment also change so this is possible. This is all about environment nothin’ else. So the strong reason is needed for that environmental change; which can instigate one much!

    ReplyDelete

Please, no abusive word, no spam.