Friday, May 9, 2008

Bizarre Ride

Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong. - Murphy's Law

Yesterday, I saw Murphy law in action. Shaon and I started for Mirpur from home at almost 22:00 by a Motorcycle. It was drizzling when we got out from home. We just didn’t care that. Everything was alright until we reach Kamlapur. The rain became intensified by this time. I carried my laptop with me so was afraid that if water leaks in my bag. We were almost wet.

The main disaster starts later. Suddenly Shaon found that the fuel tank is almost empty so he suggested going to any petrol pump. But my pocket was empty too so I wanted to go to ATM booth first. So we reached at Shantinakar and I drew few bucks. But we found pick-up wire stuff of our motorcycle tore down. By this time it was almost 21:00 and the rain was intensified that you can easily add the adjective cats and dogs before it. So we started hunting a motor mechanic shop with very little probability that they will remain open. We had looked for a shop for almost one hour and we realized that the probability went to zero.

So we start thinking what to do next. We had started looking a taxi cab and a rope. Shaon got an idea: he would tie his motor cycle behind the cab and he would sit there to control the bike and cab will move very slowly. After one hour of waiting we found a cab who agreed to tie the bike behind it. Every thing was except at the time of planning Shaon forgot about rain, so he got drenched all the way and our rope which tied the bike with cab. So, in the middle of our bizarre ride it torn out several times and every time we had to look for a new one. It was so weird that everybody at the middle of the road was looking at us strangely at the same time with sympathy and ridicule eyes.

Anyway, at last we reached at Amar Ekushey Hall, Dhaka University. When we reached there it was almost 2:00. I was so tired that I didn’t think about anything else, just went to bed. Today morning I found that I had slept with my soaked dresses. It was a terrible experience. My mobile camera does work well at night so that I could not take any pictures so I can’t share with you. It was a rare scene you will encounter. After that I decide that I will never buy a bike for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no abusive word, no spam.