Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Eid Mubarak America

Eid Mubarak America!!! This is my first Eid in America. It was awesome (for some reason American people use this word too much). I wake up at the morning went to lab and start working on my project. After sometime I went for the class, but fortunately or unfortunately the class was cancelled. Came back to my lab and started working for my afternoon presentation. Ooops!!! Presentation is cancelled for this week. Should I be happy? (Answer me) My scheduled office hour for TA thing is today. So I went to the office and I was shocked. I never saw that room empty but today it was!!! Every time at least five to ten people dwell there but today it was completely empty. And I was there for my whole office hours and nobody was there.

Now what do you think? Where is everybody? Surely all of them went to celebrate eid otherwise it cannot be happen. I am the fool went to the lab, office, class and so and so. Therefore, I become my obligation to wish all of Eid Mubarak.

Probably you got the idea about my Eid day. No matter, I hadn’t much activity in Bangladesh too. But it was not like today. Eid is something special to Bangladeshi people. Well, there is not much religious attachment left between Eid and me. But of course there is lot of social attachment. Eid in Bangladesh is not only a religious festival it is social too. I saw my hindu friends buying dresses for Eid. Anyway it was a bad day because I almost did nothing significant today with respect to any perspective. Despite of the Eid thing is not it enough to called it a bad day.

I have cooked two interesting new Item today. First one it is, tuna with onion and Italian creamy sauce. It was good. And second one is still going on “Backed Chicken Wings”. I have not taste it yet. I just put it in my oven and writing all these things. I had a plan to make coleslaw, but now I don’t feel like I will do it. Anyway, Eid Mubarak to Everyone. Hope Eid will bless you with enormous joy and Happiness. And best of wishes from my side!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! chicken was good little bit salty though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. নিজের রান্না সবসময়ই ভাল্লাগে :)
    আমারও লেগেছিল একসময় :D

    ReplyDelete

Please, no abusive word, no spam.