Monday, September 29, 2008

What goes around, Turns around

Shuvo, Mishu and I were sitting in front of a tea stall right across the shuvo’s house. It was nearly 11 pm or something like that. I blond girl came down from the next house and asking for a cigarette. She had ten bucks and she wanted to buy as much as she gets with that. The shop keeper gave her two Benson & Hedges and a match box. She was trying to light her first cigarette right that moment. I don’t know for some reason I feel like that was her first smoke. I asked her, “is this your first smoke?” She was little bit ashamed and replied me,” yes”. I asked her to give it to me and I showed her how to do that.

The very next moment shuvo asked her, “What makes you smoke? As long as we can see you are not a smoker. Why do you came down at night and want to smoke?” She was relieved and sat right across us and replied “I have no other things to do”. She added, “I have been staying at home for last one week, even I haven’t met anybody. I become so frustrated and thought try some smoke at least it will be something new.” She was an American girl, she was from Florida, went to Bangladesh for some research work or something like that. She was a bored American girl in Bangladesh.

I didn’t understand her feelings that day. But I can feel her now in every moment. I had almost forgotten her. But you know for last couple of days I see her face in front of my eyes, her innocent, bored, tired and revolting face. Sometime I feel like I will go out and hit people at least it will be something, something exciting, something new. Now I can feel her feelings: what makes her get out at that night. Now I am a bored Bangladeshi boy here in America.

1 comment:

  1. shiblee........ biri khao komabo ki din din bartese.........oi ektai jinish ase ekhon..khali taniiiiiii...... tante tante thot betha hoe jae... tao taniiiiii... tanteiiii thaki......

    =========;;;

    ReplyDelete

Please, no abusive word, no spam.