Saturday, October 25, 2008

Birthday Party

It is always good to have some people far from home. I got a very nice host family here. The word host family is not good rather I would be happy to say they are my family here. I mean they are so nice, I just love them. See not everything is bad here, Ron with father like tone, Diana with mother like fantasy, Cameron with juvenile comments, and I just love them. We had great party today. My birthday is 27th, Dean, another student from Australia, his birthday is 29th and Cameron’s birth day is 30th. We had a birth celebration party today for all three of us. One more thing about Dean, he is the tallest person I have ever met, almost 6 fits 8 inches.

You know it is always difficult to meet with people from other culture. Because there is always chance of one’s culture appears as gaffe to another. So both parties must have open mind to accept it. Ron & Diana are so beautiful in handling these. As usual I talk as less as possible but they never complain. Well I am not telling that this is our culture but this is me. Usually Bangladeshi people love to talk but they are getting exactly opposite idea because I hate to talk. If a gesture works I never spend a word. That’s me!

It was a great party. Ron had made some traditional food called Gumbo and Diana made cupcake. We all enjoyed the food very much. After that we all decorated some Halloween Pumpkins. This was kind of new things to all of us. We all end up with some decoration. At least we didn’t make the mess. And finally I got some wonderful birthday gift, wow! I didn’t expect anybody wish me happy birthday here. Rebecca & Kelly brought some birthday cards. It was so unexpected that first few moments I was speechless.

Back to my last birthday, Apu and Adnan arranged a cake almost at midnight. It was kind of expected because for me Adnan is more parent than friend. That’s a long story I will talk about him later or maybe never. So it is almost another birthday and I have spent one more year. Time flies real fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no abusive word, no spam.