Wednesday, July 9, 2008

BTTB

If you are an internet user probably you heard about fiber-optics cut in somewhere in main internet backbone line. This is a common scenario, may be twice or thrice in a month. BTTB is root controller of the bandwidth in our country. They maintain our main fiber-optics backbone. They feel like it is their kindness that they are providing us internet. How could one imagine they will continue their business depending on such an organization? Nobody can image what is our government organization unless he sees it. The propitious part of the story is recently government sells it in public market.

I went to BTTB office today(actually it is our telephone office). BTTB is for Bangladesh Telegraph and Telephone Board. This is the first time I went there. BTTB is a government organization so like other government organization in our country it is also a complete mess. I went there to register three sub domains under .bd. It will take ten fifteen days to open a sub-domain under .bd. I guess the time to open root domain .bd took much less.

Few days before one of my friends asked me if I want to register any sub-domain under .com. He told he would do that for free. BTTB will do the same things and they will take ten days, funny! There was another interesting thing, they supplied me a paper regarding terms and condition and it got twenty four rules! This stupid, very stupid!!! This is our government organization. I found myself stupid when I thought one day they will be organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no abusive word, no spam.