Tuesday, April 1, 2008

It is not worthless...

Wahid Bhai [CTO, KAZ Software Ltd] shows an interesting perspective of programming today. “Every time I write a single line of code actually I am generating wealth, I bring few revenues for the company. They are important in business perspective.” Well, I never think that way like my every line of code has a monetary value. Interesting isn’t it, have you ever think about your code that way. Truly I never did before. So today I did an interesting thing, I count the line of code I write today and calculate its monetary value. Can you guess how much it is? In my case it is around 50 BDT. Huh… really interesting. Do you ever think prior writing a line of how worth of it? Calculate the monetary value of you line of code, surely you will be surprised!!!

Think this in broader context; every thing I do in IT has its own monetary value. Even my posts are not worthless. Every time I write an article it increased the blogger hit may be traffic as well eventually it increased blogger market share so the company wealth and stability. So these are not completely worthless. Whatever I write, satirical, funny, moribund or encouraging it has a value. Interesting perspective isn’t it?

It is not that we should calculate everything in scale of money but surely it has a monetary value. In this business world everything got its own value otherwise the world itself will eliminate it. Apart from that personally I believe everything should judge with its gratification value not monetary value... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no abusive word, no spam.