Monday, December 15, 2008

Freedom-of-speech

I believe in humanity, I believe in freedom-of-speech. Freedom-of-speech implies everyone has the right to say what he believes without any moderation. Obviously, there is nothing called absolute freedom-of-speech. To me freedom-of-speech means the allowing other people to present their perspectives either in a positive or negative way. Obviously it is expected that the views are sensible. Well, the whole thing is vague. Sensible is a vague term and the level varies from man to man. But still there is an acceptance level of sensibility among the majority of the society. As we are human being and we live in a society therefore we define that level as a level of sensibility. Obviously, this definition doesn’t cover all the cases but it covers majority of the cases. My point is if say something it should be sensible or it must have strong support.

One more thing, I want to point out here. Any right is always governed by the place where it is executed. You have every right to make sex with your wife but it is not good idea to do that in the middle of a four way junction. So before doing anything you should consider “what are you doing” at the same time “where are you doing so”.

So far I haven’t used comment moderation in my blog. I didn’t want to humiliate my visitors. Using moderation seems to me as distrust on the sensibility of the visitors. It is humiliating to me. If someone suspects to my sensibility I would rather avoid that guy. Anyway, the whole point is before leaving any comment please think again is this right place? I expect more sensible comments form my visitors. Please do not leave such comments that enforce me to use comments moderation. Please don’t do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no abusive word, no spam.