Saturday, December 27, 2008

Fall' 2008

Fall semester is over, my first semester in OU. I guess it went well. I did well in my classes. Dr. Dong was happy with me, hopefully I did well as TA so far. The only thing I was struggling with, is my research. Dr. Gruenwald was not happy enough. I had learnt so many things in one semester here. I loved the Formal Language course, especially Dr. Kim. He is such a good professor. I am enjoying absolute vacation now. I am loving it, complete idle life.

Yesterday was Christmas day, my first Christmas in United States. I spent my whole day with Ron, Diana, Cameron, Donovan and Dean. I had enjoyed a lot. I thought Christmas would be similar to Eid in Dhaka but it is not. It is calm and quite very unlike our Eid. I am not saying this is it, but this is how I saw it. The only difference seemed to me was: Wal-Mart was closed. Other than that it was hard to find any difference. I had been in the Journey Church at Christmas Eve. It was an interesting experience.

I had a series of dinner parties in last few days. Almost everyone from Bangladesh invited once for dinner within last couple of days. So I am having little bit different time. I merely love their company except selective few's. When I was in Bangladesh I had always avoided these kinds of folks. They are simply not my type. Anyway, all are part of my unfortunate life.

2 comments:

Please, no abusive word, no spam.