Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Do you know how I feel it?

I am interested about one thing, is knowledge truly transferable? I don’t think so. The information resides in my head have a complicated semantic relation with other knowledge and information. There is a way to express the knowledge or information but is there any way to express the semantic relation? Some time it is called perspective. Perspective is nothing but a complicated semantic relation of information with other information which forms new knowledge.

No two man react same way observing a same thing, right? Observing a same thing is like gathering new knowledge. And this new knowledge sits aside with olds and creates a complicated semantic relation with others. Probably these semantic relations make us think differently. I may know what you know if you write all of them but they are not same to me, i.e., they will not mean the same thing. Therefore something looses in the transformation process. The transformation process is intrinsically lossy.

Then what is the problem? Does the problem exist in language? I feel the problem exit in two different levels. There are some cases when people feel the limitations of languages to express his ideas but other time they just can’t express. So there is a problem exists in the level of expressing. A guy who can’t talk may be able to express lot of things but not all. Does it mean lack of his knowledge? Obviously not. I feel like are we are just unable to express ourselves. I never know what you really know even if you write all of them.

Maybe in future we will be able to express more complicated semantic information hence more lossless transformation, therefore faster propagation of knowledge. We all know Einstein’s theory of relativity but nobody knows what it means to him. I am just curious why it is taking too much time to come up with more elegance technique of transforming knowledge. My point is my expression technique and my expression media is not well enough to express the complicated semantics reside in my head. Maybe I have expressed everything I know about it (the expressible things) but it is impossible to express how I feel it (what inside my mind).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no abusive word, no spam.