Wednesday, August 13, 2008

TA Training

Now I going through a TA training program titled “International Teaching Assistant (ITA) Program” organized by Program for Instructional Innovation. This is the program to develop teaching skill in class room. One of the responsibilities of the TA role here is to instruct in undergraduate class room. And most of the under graduate students are came from America. So the university is worried about their instructors. And that’s why they arrange similar kind of training program for the foreign instructors.

Teaching is a little bit difficult to me. I don’t even like to teach in my mother language, how can I like to teach in a foreign language. This is absurd! Totally absurd! I have already talked with my professor that is there any other way without TA. She suggested me not worry about, all these are formalities just to keep the department quite. So hopefully things are going to be so. I hate teaching! This is a weird job!

Anyway, the instructors of the ITA program are very helpful and at the same time hopeful about us. They think one day they will be successful on teaching us how to teach. I don’t think so! I really don’t think so! The whole session is interesting at least they have tried a lot to make it interesting. So there is lot of fun, at least I am trying to enjoy it.

One more interesting to notice, I didn’t see so varieties of people together from different countries before. Bangladesh doesn’t have this kind of multicultural environments. Last few days I have met so many people around the world. This is really a good experience at the same time new experience too. And I am enjoying seeing them together. It’s a great fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no abusive word, no spam.