Saturday, August 9, 2008

Conversation!!!

Dear Shiblee,

I recall my departure from home, when I decided to go to Siberia to look for a job in rocket research environment. It was really shocking: I arrived on the day of my birthday with 40C fever, no place where to stay overnight, no job, etc. And it was October late afternoon.
Leaving home even in your much lucky situation is always a shock. And you are very young and I assume from very loving warm family with deep family traditions of the East.

My mom begged me not to go. Yet I went through enormous hardship of life in the USSR with all sorts of discriminations. And I have no regrets: my classmates who decided to stay close to home did not achieve much in life professionally, although maybe they were happier as human beings, since scientific environs at the beginning of life are only partial compensation for loneliness.

But you made right decision.
And I really wish you the best.

BV
----- Original Message -----
From: Shiblee
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2008 12:41 PM
Subject: New in USA

Dear Professor ***********,

I am very glad to let you know I reached at Oklahoma safe and sound. I just got my lab now. Still I am struggling to arrange a apartment for myself. And I have finished all my paper works here. Things are little bit shocking for me. Because this is complete new experience in my life. I am trying hard to cope up with the new situation.

Wish me good luck for my new odyssey.
--
Md. Shiblee Sadik

2 comments:

  1. if you plan to visit BV, let me know. I would be happy to see him

    HU

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure honey, i'll be glad to let u know. Until I get my SSN i hv no plan to leave Norman. After that if time permits I have a plan to visit him.

    ReplyDelete

Please, no abusive word, no spam.