Saturday, August 9, 2008

Random Thoughts

Life is an interesting thing. Every time I wonder what is life. I am living the life of a drifter. Babu always talked about the life of drifter. I didn’t understand what it is until I get here. I start drifting across the world. This is first time I feel what is called culture, society. I was not that much gregarious in my usual life in Bangladesh. But still I am missing the society the friends the culture everything.

You know this country was completely unknown to me. I start knowing this country, their culture everything. Sometime I wonder they have any culture either. May be no culture is their culture. American can absorb anything, that’s why this is the country of immigrant. This is true they are absorbing everything. Nobody in the street cares if I drop a junk in the street; they just pick it up and drop it into the trash can. They never complain about your style.

American never cares where you from are; they have the quality to take you as their own. I found most of them very helpful. Until now they are very helpful to me. I have not seen any racist yet. I guess I like them. Sooners are more conservative than other American people but still ok.

I can’t but say few words about Bengali immigrants. They are very very interesting. They don’t have any culture. America can absorb any culture except Bengali one. Most of them maintain a different community called Bengali community. They arrange party for themselves and invite themselves. They are pretty weird. They don’t know anything about Bengali culture still they pretend to do so. I met few Bengalis who have been living here for couples of years still haven’t mingled with any American. They are weird. They always talk about their property in Bangladesh. They fist question they ask you “How many dollars you earn here in USA and among them how many you can save for buying a new property.” They afraid of mingled with Americans. If anyone does so they declare them as outlaws. They possess a deep hatred for them. Even they want to mingle with Indians. They keep a deep for Chinese, I don’t know why?

Most of the Bengali students are now here to pursue their study rather to earn money (Of course there are exceptions, few are doing very good indeed). I don’t know what the hell they will do with that hell of lot money. Of course money is important but not more than life. They don’t have any life. I can’t cope up with them and I don’t want to. May be I am wrong, I am an eternal repiner. It is not always that I am right but these are my reactions for the very first time. May be they will change but right now I don’t want to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no abusive word, no spam.