Saturday, December 1, 2012

California Trip: The Glitch

I made an expensive mistake. I booked a hotel at San Francisco for wrong date. I made the reservation for November 26 through 29. Man! This morning priceline asked me rate my recent stay at San Francisco and then I realized I booked the hotel for wrong date. I called them immediately, but since the dates have passed they are not obligated to refund my money. It's $300! My entire budget for California trip. I called price line and days Inn, apparently both are happy to ripp off my money.
There is nothing called customer service in lodging industry. Everyone is trying get your money. Priceline says since the days have passed, they are not obligated to refund, so they would not refund (they only do what they are obligated to do, nothing called customer service exists in their dictionary). Days Inn says, since it is booked through priceline they cannot do anything (although they got money without selling anything, probably sold the rooms to other guys as well) . Well, I guess it was just an expensive mishap. This is the first time such stupid mistake happen to me. Well I understand these things happen once or twice. But whatever happened was very expensive and cost me $300. Btw, I think from now on I am not gonna use priceline anymore. I think I don't want to do business with a company that doesn't have any customer service. Priceline sucks!
Edit: Lipa gave the biggest argument to avoid priceline: the amount I save in total in my entire life through priceline is just ripped off by one single glitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no abusive word, no spam.