Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Android update!

I updated lipa's S3 yesterday and then first thing I wanted to try is Google Now. I clicked Google Now and it told me that there is a new version available from Google play. I went to Google play and tried to update and I was told I don't have the latest version. What a pity! Didn't I just update?

Well, I follow android development so I know what happened. The latest Google now is for jelly bean 4.2. And S3 just got jelly bean 4.1. I don't mind having 4.1 but the way whole thing came along was very stupid. From lipa's perspective, she just updated to a new version which is already old. Even worse, she cannot get latest software due to her older version. That's the problem.

What if Google now recognized that my version is 4.1 and the newest Google now is not for 4.1, and it never told me about the update? I am sure Lipa would surely be much happier than now. Yes Google kind of marketing against themselves. I am sure people like Lipa would never bother to update unless Google keeps saying that, you know what there is an update and that is not for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no abusive word, no spam.