Saturday, December 22, 2012

California trip: The take off

At last we took off from OKC for LAX on flight AA 3635. It was about half an hour late. There was a good incentive though, I observed the sunrise on the horizon while I was waiting for take off. Sunrise does not fit well into my life style. I have not seen the sunrise since last year at Ft Lauderdale. Sunrise is always a pleasing thing, it gives me the sense of life. It has its own mind. Slow and steady! Seems no matter how much you want it or hate it, it is going to happen. I wish I could observe sunrise from some place close to pole like Finland.

Coming back to LAX, LAX is the first place that gave me the preview of United States. When I first came into United States, I immigrated throw LAX. It was the first glimpse of rest of my life. LAX! after four and half years! I am sure I would have entirely different view now. But still I have not forgotten that police officer! :) everything is big in US. Sometimes we carry small memories for whole life. So far it looks okay, we will probably arrive around 8:30 am. So far the plan is get the vehicle and drive it to the Santa Monica bay. Maybe stop somewhere for breakfast. What are we gonna do in the beach? Not sure yet, this is something yet to be resolved but I just wanna relax for some time.

The captain said we are flying over Grand Canyon. I have a plan to camp there sometime. I am not sure when it is going to materialize. Anyway, let get back to the trip. I wanna make this trip little different than other US trips. This time I wanna 'go slow' little laid back may be. No pressure no rush, just relax. This is probably our last trip with Zafar and Parisa. They are moving to Wichita and we are going to graduate next semester, so nobody knows what's going to happen next. And finally flying sucks!

I hate everything about flying. The security check, waiting, boarding, and finally flying. I wish there is any thing good about it. I would rather drive coast to coast instead of flying. I wish somebody does something with this whole aviation industry. There is no fun in it. It is pure simple dull and boring.
Here are some shots from my Window. Truthfully, I was hoping for dull view but it runs out that some views are spectacular, since we flying over Grand Canyon. I am sorry about the wing, I could not avoid it anyway so I tried to use it best way possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no abusive word, no spam.