Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Blogging vs social networking

I have been blogging for quite sometime. So far I was able to separate my blog from my social networks. The question is why do I need to separate my blog from my social network? I think anything in social networks is crying for other people's attention, after all getting other people's attention is the purpose of social networking. But the way I blog is more like a personal journal. My blog does not meant to be social. It is not crying for attention! It is good by itself. But it seems like Google is really pushing toward unified system and that inherently contradicts my purpose of blogging.

Why? So far my blog serve my purpose. It represents my state of mind at different phases of my life. I can clearly see that. Nobody really cares about my blog unless I publish something and ask other people to see it. That's great. But if my posts start crying for attention throw google+, it would be very frustrating. Some of my posts are really some of my random thoughts. Why do other people care about them? Even worse, I think asking for attention for those kind of posts is just waste of their time. I hope Google would understand that blogging and social networking is not same. Maybe some people use them for same purpose but they are fundamentally different by definition.

I hope Google would let me blogging and would not push me real hard toward google+. In that case I have to find an alternative of blogspot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no abusive word, no spam.