Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Looking for job?

Looking for job itself is a tough job. Sending resume to thousands places and then wait for the call. Sounds like fishing :) well in many respect it is fishing. Your job is to pick an appropriate one for you. You have to do everything right for the right fish. At least it is told that one simple miss step can slide you down at the ground level again. I think those who are good at fishing should do a real good job at finding the right job.

I have a feeling that the job market is not that bad now. At least I saw plenty of openings in every company's website. But the game is just not right for fresh graduates. I still have not cracked the job searching problem. I guess I need little more time to understand the problem better.

Some people call it number game, at the beginning I thought so. But I have a feeling now that I was wrong. If it is simply a number game then flooding with your resume would be sufficient to secure one job. But that did not work for me. I don't thing flooding is the right strategy.

Spending hours for one job sounds like promising. But there is no guarantee that it gonna work end of the day. You need to spend your time for the right position. Which is by definition is a hard searching problem. Let say you spend 5 hours a day to look for jobs. If you spend 2 hours for one position you can apply for at best two positions per day. In order apply for 10 companies you have spend an entire week. And at the end of the day you may not heard anything from any of them.

Networking is a really good strategy. I think networking works better than aforementioned twos. Networking helps a lot to get the interview call. Of course you are on your own after that. In my case I have real trauma about phone interview. Somehow phone interviews don't work for me. I have a feeling I never gonna pass any phone interview. I don't get nervous, it just doesn't work for me. Here, in America employer's first screening is always via phone that limits my probability to extremely tiny. If one thing I am never short of is hope, let's hope for the best :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no abusive word, no spam.