Friday, August 31, 2012

Tech news!

Last couple of days I have been following tech updates meticulously. I have not done that before but I am kind of amazed by learning how journalists write about technologies and tech companies. I think the entire journalism is based on hoax. People have been publishing rumors shamelessly. Insufficient research behind every article is almost impossible to miss. Many article shamelessly copies other article as well. I am not asking you to buy my words, just pick a tech word (let say "Kindle Fire") and google it. The first few search results are saying the same things and you can find the similarity in wordings as well. 

Now interestingly the things they are talking about are most likely rumor! Ooops! I don't understand how come a rumor become a news! Are we living in twenty first century? Finally, analysis! I have no idea what they were thinking when they were writing those articles. Well, no analysis is full proof but those analysis are far from perfect they are just garbage. Somehow they kind of habituated with the idea that it is okay to write hoax and garbage about technology. 

Back in 07 Google published an hoax about Toilet Internet Service Provider and one reputed Bangladeshi news paper published it in their technology column. Back then I was kind of amazed how come they published something without giving a second thought. I was thinking maybe, we are living in a developing country and where all latest technologies are not readily available; and so it is conceivable that they kind of believe whatever they heard. But when I found the same thing here in most advanced technologically developed county and I kind of get the idea that technology is beyond the reach of journalism. Please leave it alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no abusive word, no spam.