Saturday, May 25, 2013

Emerald City

Finally, I am in Seattle, WA. It would be my new home for next couple of years. People like me who don't have permanent address, our home floats around with us. I am lucky, Seattle is a beautiful city for being home. We have reached last night. I was quite a shock for me: the way I was treated in Seattle. After being a graduate student for so long I almost forgot that I have any importance at all. Amazon treated us well since yesterday. I picked up my car from VIP car lounge where five other cars were sitting there to be my ride. And then got a place in the middle of the downtown on sixth floor with immaculate furniture and wooden floor.  That was quite a treatment. I think Seattle would take a good care of me.

We had burger last night. The place we had burger was not that expensive but they charge five cents for ketchup! That was something new. I think people would take it as a joke if somebody starts asking money for ketchup in Oklahoma. Life is different here. I think I am gonna get an apartment in the middle of the downtown as well. I wanna see embrace the busy life next.

Norman to Seattle! It was quite a shock. Everything is slow and flat in Norman. Seattle is quite opposite. People are busy, lands are hilly and tranquility is a dream. This is a new america, totally unknown to me. Goodbye my Oklahoma life. I hope I would be able find a new home here in this beautiful Emerald city.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no abusive word, no spam.