Sunday, May 26, 2013

Apartment hunting

Yesterday was our apartment hunting day. Apartment hunting in Seattle is very different from apartment hunting in Norman/Hazelwood. I accompanied some of friends to find their apartments back in Norman. We did the apartment hunting in Hazelwood last week. It was significantly different in Seattle. Or maybe I never looked for apartments in the center of the downtown. Finding apartments in the center of the downtown is a perilous task.

The first thing I noticed was I had make an appointments in order to get a tour. That was something new to me. And the property managers usually don't have any office unless the complex is really big. Property managers have no intention to sell their apartments, somehow all of them are in high demand. Parking is a mess. Find a suitable parking is somewhat comparable to the conquest of troy.

Driving in downtown Seattle is a nightmare. The roads are hilly. I am not familiar with their street sign and two sides of a street are always filled up by parked vehicles. It was a pretty hectic day. Apartments are very expensive. I have seen 430 sqft studio apartment with the price tag of 1650$/month. But I have to say, they know how to design a studio. Some of the studios are so well designed that it feels like everything is in separate room. The most important part is they are neat. In general, Seattle is a pretty neat city.

I hope I'll find something by today. Not that I'm in hurry but I want to wrap things up by this memorial day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no abusive word, no spam.