Thursday, July 26, 2007

Life in Dark...

It is almost 10 pm; we are sitting upon a rock and setting up for our next plan. Rokib, Shuvro: my two office colleague and I had leaved from Dhaka at Wednesday to wards Rumana para a tribal village in Bandarban. One of the relative of Rokib was sick, and we were going to help him from Dhaka. We were in hurry because we didn’t get enough vacation. We reached Bandarban about 6 am, and from that we are approaching for Rumana para through track, bus, jeep, boat and above all foot.

Bandarban is one of the hilly regions in Bangladesh. Journey to Rumana para takes almost two days, and we were intended to cover it within one day. There is no other option without walking for the last few paths, because road network cannot reach there to complicate tribal life. Most remarkable mistake we did, we just carried one torch, so we are approaching almost in dark. And it is almost 10 pm when we realize that we are lost, we lost in hills. Our single torch dimmed down and we can realize that it is quite random that people comes here. We reached a dead end, and the path we cross are over a canal, and water level is rising. And there is very high probability that we don’t find out the path by which we reached that dead end, because it was not a path actually.

We were very hungry, because we didn’t take any food. Lion is roaring inside our stomach. If everything was perfect then we were supposed to be in Darjiling para, and we were planned to take food from there.

So our next task becomes find any locality and begs some foods. But after one and half hour later we became sure there was no locality near that. And we don’t know the path to any locality. This is the most tentative night in my life. Then we decided to back, and we will back taking the path that goes along with the canal. We were weakening but we knew that we must find a locality. Otherwise the only path remains for us that go to hell directly. Sometime after that I feel only will power saved us from that situation, otherwise I should not.

The only will power was we knew that we were at best 10 kilo from nearest locality, but we couldn’t recognize that path. It is about 3 pm when I heard a pig. I never noticed before that pig could be such a beloved creature for me. I just feel I find the best things in my life.

We lead our daily life, but very few of us ever noticed that what a wonderful things it is. Life is the ultimate gift of God for any of us. This is some of my experience in my life of a dark uncertain night. What I feel, that the most vital things is survival. I know for myself that how much love I encompass for myself. Life is for living anything else.

"tentative life"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no abusive word, no spam.