Friday, July 6, 2007

The future of web… (Silverlight/Flex)

What happen if you are able to use all of your software in explorer? You never need to install any of them. Will you be happy? I will not, but someone may be, may be everyone. That is not a big question how many among us will be happy, but probably none of us will be dislike these things if there is provision of doing such things. And so concept RIA comes in front. Lots of big organization work to empower your browser to this extends like Microsoft and Adobe. Adobe’s Flex is already well known product at the market for that. And now Microsoft comes to the race with their Silverlight. I was little bit scrupulous about not to move in web development, still I heisted to move in web development, but recently as a spacer project at our office I was involved in a Silverlight project, And my feelings is, oooh! this is web, its alright. I don’t know what the future of web is, but this platform is quite familiar for the desktop developer. And finally it was awesome to see that I can build such a web application. As it is our official spacer project we write a blog in our official blog site and I don’t want to write another blog in my personal blog site. I just give the link to our blog site for that project. The project was called Silverlight Desktop. And you can find the detail at out official blog in article Switching on Silverlight. Hope you will enjoy the whole things as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no abusive word, no spam.