Saturday, April 20, 2013

Dallas, TX

Shirshendu describes it best when he says every big city is like a giant blender, it blends everything. People are blended with their creations. Every big city has its own appeal to its people. We, the city dwellers can never leave them. We have a sort of invisible bond with our own loving cities. The bond that got into our gene long ago in Mesopotamia.

Every city has its own unique message to the visitors. And in my experience the message is not too hard to grasp. You would probably can tell once you rest your feet in the city. Somehow I never can grasp the message of Dallas. I have been in Dallas in numerous occasions. But still, I am not sure what is the message Dallas is trying to convey. In that sense, Dallas is always a mystery to me.

Dallas is a city of immigrants. I guess Dallas is the most accepting city. It accept anything from anyone. And it's beauty is it evaporates everything from everyone without affecting itself at all. I have been in other big cities. You can probably tell what differences immigrants have brought into the city. But for Dallas it is hard to tell whether there is any immigrant at all. Somehow everyone becomes a Texan after a while. Or maybe the message is how it changes everything on its own way. Maybe the message is don't dare to mess with Dallas, it will evaporates you.

Somehow, this city feels very dull to me. I don't feel the life in Dallas. This city has so many diversity but somehow I can't feel it's life at all. There is hardly any activity on the street. I feel like something is missing, everything is so polished and artificial. This city does not appeal me at all. But for sure it is as lovely as any other cities to their dwellers. I guess I will never get the message of it or may be recognise the message of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no abusive word, no spam.