Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Quick and dirty tip!

I guess everybody knows what I am talking about, it's a temporary solution of a permanent crisis! Do you see the problem? It cannot be happen, no temporary solution cannot solve a permanent problem! Why? A permanent problem has an important feature: it gonna be with you forever. Now you can solve this types of problem periodically. Some people solve it periodically and they keep doing it until the very end. I prefer the other option. Solve it permanently. Usually permanent solutions require bigger effort and greater patience. Still once it is solved, it is solved forever. I believe both approaches have their own pros and cons. 

Personally I hate solving the same problem again and again. That's why I hate quick and dirty tip. Quick and dirty works but the problem is, it works for very short period of time. Sometime even worse, it causes long time damage! how? Paul Graham once said, "doing fake things is worse than doing nothing." I found it as a very useful tip in my life. Quick and dirty tip is like doing fake things and in long run it creates an illusion of real things. That's a very harmful situation! You don't have any real job and you are thinking you have; you spend all your time on fake jobs and no time to look for real job. 

We often forget there is another very limited resource called time. If we spend most of our time on fake things we cannot have time for real things; even worse we cannot have time to look for real things. Personally every time I tried a shortcut I encounter a greater damage. So I believe those are not for me. I better wait for proper way of doing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no abusive word, no spam.