Sunday, December 19, 2010

Will Rogeres to Bahrain

It is really hard to realize what is united states by being in the country. I am flying back home today and lets start with my experience. I flied to Oklahoma Will Rogers to Chicago O'Hare International airport. Chicago O'Hare is a huge airport and my flight was late due to extreme weather in Europe. Well my next flight was Chicago to Frankfurt and as soon as I reached Chicago I realized it gonna be delayed for 2 hours. Okay fine, I decide to wander inside the airport. Everything looks normal, nothing especial. I realized the specialty when I reached Frankfurt. In fact Chicago has higher number of flight than the total number of people in Frankfurt and you can still notice the chaos! I took me an hour to find out the gate number of my flight, well may be I dumb ass, it took an hour for everyone. And then the security check point opened just two hours before the flight, it was not a problem, that particular security check point was originally for two or three flight so it was not that much rush. But most fun starts from then. Our flight was suppose to depart at 11:20am and we got into the place an hour before that and finally that plane depart at 1:30pm! and we had no idea what was going on. Well it is possible that any flight can be delayed due to severe weather in Europe but most funny part was the crew members was announcing that the place is going to fly within five minutes in every ten minutes! What a pitty!!! I know security of the passengers are most important and if can fly they can tell the passengers we can't, I didn't get the point continuous ridiculous promises!

When I was in the Frankfurt airport I saw girl sitting just outside the boarding area, and this is same for each boarding area. I went to the girl and ask why are you sitting here, she explained her responsibility is to make sure everyone sitting in that particular boarding are has the right boarding pass!!! I never imagined that some one needs to make sure that the passengers in a particular boarding area have right boarding passes. Isn't it the responsibility of the passengers to find the right place to sit so that they can have jitter free boarding?

Finally I got into Bahrain from where I am writing all these with there free WiFi!!! It looks like this airport is busy but not sure this is a very tiny airport even smaller than Will Rogers and plenty of people are roaming around. Here I notice one interesting thing, finding the passenger is the responsibility of the crew members, for each flight they are announcing with at least four languages for at least 5 to 10 passengers! I am wondering where are they??? In most cases they were found in the boarding area of that particular flight! Here is Bahrain people have severe problem with the flight or they just hate the airport authority and crew members. Either they don't understand what they are suppose to do or they just don't care!!! Most hilarious part is for every departing flight one crew member go to every boarding area and ask everyone if he or she is waiting for that particular flight! Apparently airports are not for everyone. I'll upload the pictures later.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy!
    frankfurt airport is huge!
    terminal khujtei jan ber hoye jay..

    ReplyDelete

Please, no abusive word, no spam.