Saturday, July 19, 2014

Get back on the saddle

I have just realized why I don't have anything to write. It is because I don't do anything public. All are corporate proprietary stuff :( I would like to talk about stuff but that would require writing a document, send the draft, get the clearance, blah, blah, blah. Anyway, let's talk about personal life.

I picked up biking after a long period of time. I think all credit goes to Hasib. He was talking about the biking last year and I was kind of convinced that I should do it. But then I came to Seattle and looking for right bike and wait, wait and wait. Finally this year I decided, you know what, I am gonna get one, no matter what. So I got a pretty basic bike from Schwinn.

It is a network hybrid, nothing fancy but I am loving ride. Seattle is one of the bike friendly city, may not be comparable to Portland but lot of people ride bike here. I guess that might have some influences too. Anyway, I almost forgot how fun biking was. I am enjoying every moment of it. I am hoping it will bring back some part of fitness. My fitness is really struggling. I have sort of abused my body for so many years. Its no wonder my fitness is fighting back. Biking is my first tiny step on the way of reclaiming my fitness. I hope someday I will reclaim all of its glory.

I am also planning to upgrade to clipless pedal sometime next week. Let's see how that goes. I have heard that you to fall at least once when you start using clipless. I hope my fall will not be too damaging. I am hoping this will boost my ride a little. I am pretty excited about my new biking venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no abusive word, no spam.