Friday, December 27, 2013

Waikiki Beach, Oahu

Waikiki is the beach for the first timer. It's a beach where everyone is doing something new. Lipa and I did snorkeling today. This is the first time I looked inside the water. It's an amazing world. We did our first paddle surfing, and body boarding here too. I am sure the beauty of Waikiki is long gone for excessive development. But a new kind of beauty has emerged from the reminiscent of natural beauty. It's the beauty of joyful face of tons of first timer. The majority of the surfers here stand on their feet for the first time. The joy in their face is no less than the one who just finished the triple crown of surfing. Look into their face, the beauty is no less than a Honu in crystal clear water.

I find people most amazing creature in the world. I am a city dweller, I grew up watching enormous number of people on the street. Probably that's why I find human being amazingly beautiful. Every face tells a story and most amazing of them is the face of the first timers. First timer of anything. And you would find plenty of them in Waikiki. It is the face of glory, it is the face of achievement, it is the face of fulfilment. I think Waikiki is still beautiful, may be not the way it used to be. It just got a new face.

BTW, the water is still beautiful and crazy blue! and waves are still gentle and amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no abusive word, no spam.