Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Driver-less cars

I went to a hike the day before yesterday. It was about two hours drive from home, I wake up early morning and reach there by 8:00 AM. It was obviously pretty boring (by the way, I love driving most of the time and I really enjoy driving). But I what amazes me most is during my entire driving time I didn't have take any critical decision. All I have to do is follow the yellow and white line, signals and other cars' light. Well isn't it interesting? All those pretty mundane task. Then I realized if you follow the traffic rule there is nothing to be excited about driving a car. If you don't follow the rule, you know the consequence! 

Interestingly the number of tasks one has to follow in course of driving a car is pretty small and I am amazed we still don't have driver-less car. I wonder why? I don't see any problem from logical perspective, it could be because of hardware. There is a big buzz going on now about driver-less car and plenty of people think it is madness. Most of them are driving fan. I am yet to see a driving fan as well traffic rules fan! One just cannot be both simultaneously.

And finally, when I was coming back, exhausted after eight miles of walking and rock hopping I was dying for a driver-less car. Who loves to drive after a long hike? I think human should get out of the road. We as a human have done enough, it could be a sport but for daily use I don't think it is our job to drive the car anymore. Please leave the street, human being behind the wheel are most dangerous species on earth.

My only concern is driver-less car would definitely increase the traffic on the road and more traffic means more energy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no abusive word, no spam.