Friday, June 29, 2012

Hazelwood, MO

Seems like the entire city has been being made from the scratch. It's next to impossible to find any place to stay in Hazelwood. Construction workers are everywhere, they have taken every rooms in every hotel. I have no idea what they are building but it seems like the city is being made again. I did little research and read some reviews online and interestingly found this city is always like that. All hotels and suits are always inundated by construction workers, interesting, huh!

Summer interns may have trouble finding appropriate place to live. The extended stay hotels are not up to the mark and regular apartments do not rent for short period of time. They have something what they called extended stay hotels and I haven't seen so many extended stay hotel in one small city before and their working procedure is kind of weird. This morning I went to a front desk officer and ask for the rate and she said she doesn't know the rate and their corporate office knows the rate; I called corporate office and they said they don't know the rate, local hotel know the rate and they transferred me to the local office and we (me and front desk officer) talk to each other sitting next to each other and I got the rate (oops!).

It's an haphazard city and everything looks new in this city (No wonder, so many construction workers are here and after all they are building something); and every arrangement looks temporary. I wonder does anyone live here permanently!? This city smells like new. It has one central road (Lindbergh Boulevard) and every thing is right by the Lindbergh Boulevard. 

Since plenty of people live here on temporary basis, the hotel prices are kind of unpredictable. One has to shop around to find a plausible deal and the price varies within an hour; and most importantly one should not trust any hotel manager here. They are crazy and if you travel here for extended stay they got kind of confused what value you should be offered. Because one way they get the guarantee for a long time customer on the other way they loose short time big money rent. I would not be surprised if you get a price from hotel manager and get price and then you go back to your car, came back with your stuff and that price disappear. 

People seem busier than Norman and traffic is kind of interesting. They has a extra lane for u-turn! that's kind of new for me. I haven't explored the city yet and taken any pictures. Hopefully I'll have some time after today to explore it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no abusive word, no spam.