Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Dr. Gruenwald!

These days so many things happening centering her. Yes, she is still my advisor and she is becoming notorious as a trouble creator. Interesting all of her students end up having another advisor before their defense and most students don't last more than a semester. Wow! she is amazing. I believe no one in our department likes her. She already became notorious as a trouble creator. No wonder students working for her suffer are always unsecured. All of her students have complain about her, I wonder why? Even, she made trouble with the students who took independent study with her. Oooops!!! this is absurd. I wonder why? what could be so wrong with a person that nobody likes her? Well, it is difficult to explain!

Interestingly, she has been nice with me so far. Great! but why? I know for sure she would change her color. What I don't know is when? I am fine with that. I can work with people hated by everyone. That's fun, that's tough and that's insane. Serendipity or my character whatever it is, I have dealt with many people like this in my life and interestingly (or unfortunately) these kind of people like me! Even more interesting is that, other people don't like the fact that your are working with someone who is hated by everyone; they immediately think I am the only reason they can't brought her down! Funny, why would I be hateful to someone who didn't do anything bad to me!? Even more, she is so far very nice to me!!! I know this situation would not prevail forever but if I leave her would it not be the same? I want to be nice to here as long as she is nice to me.

Even if she is a bitch, that's fine with me. Even me, I am not nice to everyone. No one is nice to everyone. I believe she is just ahead of the curve. I know she can be bad to me anytime; wait a bit, anyone can do that too. Yes I understand the probability is high for here case. So the obvious question is does the outcome worth taking the risk? I haven't think this before! It is a good question to ask? I need to find this answer. Most importantly I don't expect anything from her. I know she would not give me any reference for interns, I believe not even for jobs. Let me see how things shape up!

Well, what are the complains about her? Probably she is little bit demanding and never thinks about the student. All she care about is herself. Students are pretty much on their own. If you don't know how to use your independence then it could be a real trouble for some. If you can't imagine that now, I can tell, it can take you to a wrong direction very easily. So every time there is a conflict of interest between her and her student, they end up in a mess. Overall, I don't recommend her as an advisor unless you really don't have other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no abusive word, no spam.