Sunday, March 15, 2015

Reading & Writing

I have been thinking of getting back into the having of reading and writing again. It's been a long I didn't write anything. I am missing writing part of Shiblee. Somebody once told me the best way to write a journal is "write as if nobody is reading." I don't know what is the purpose of writing if there is no one to read but it seems like a good idea for blogging.

I have not read any single book in last six months! That's terrifying. When I look back and how did I not miss reading? I couldn't come up with the answer. I think my living room is stealing a fair share of my time. I am not a TV person but still I spend a good part of the day in front of it. Not watching tv but all sorts of random crap; and there youtube too! Which is the television of new generation. 

What do I do then? 1) Read random crap, 2) Watch random youtube videos, 3) Check smart phones, 4) Play games, 5) Family time, 6) Household maintenance, 6) Cooking, etc. Let's see, "Read random crap"? I don't consider it reading. It is probably pseudo-reading, it gave me the fulfillment of being on the bleeding edge but in reality it is full of shit. And most of it is not useful at all. Now that online publishing is super easy, anybody and everybody (including me) can have their own publisher and publish all sorts of garbage. There is not much point in spending time on those.

"Watch random youtube crap" This is the age of internet and youtube is a great way to learn things. But in reality very few of them has any depth at all. I am not all against them but I think I should be seriously limit my time on those. "Check smartphone" is the disease of our generation. I don't know what other people do on their smart phone when they check it, but 95% I do nothing useful. And the useful parts are shattered all over the places. Smartphone saves out time by making live easy but snitched all those time by hyper context switching. I need be more diligent about this smart devices, I feel like they are out-smarting myself. 

"Playing games" - this is the new thing. In last few weeks I spend a fair amount of time playing games. I am not sure which category it belongs to but compared other three I think it is better use of time. I consider rest are useful and super good use of time. Some of them actually made me learn things and solve problems. It seems like I need to cut down my "chaotic use of device time" into more consolidated effective use. I want to go back my habit of reading and writing again. No more random crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no abusive word, no spam.