Friday, April 29, 2011

Kahlil Gibran once again

  • If reward is he goal of religion, if patriotism serves self-interest, and if education is persued for advancement, then I would prefer to be a non-believer, a non-patriot, and a humbly ignorant man.
  • By adornment one acknowledges his ugliness.
  • Ambition is a sort of work.
  • The fear of Hell is hell itself, and the longing for paradise is paradise itself.
  • If you choose between two evils, let your choice fall on the obvious rather than the hidden, even though the first appears greater than the second.
  • Strange that virtue in me brings me nothing but harm, while my evil has never been to my disadvantage. Nevertheless, I continue fanatic in my virtue.
  • If you wish to see the valley. climb to the mountain top; if you desire to see the mountain top, rise into the cloud; but if you seek to understand the cloud, close your eyes and think.
  • Affection is the youth of the heart, and though is the heart's maturity; but oratory is its senility.
  • Enthusiasm is a volcano on whose top never grows the grass of hesitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no abusive word, no spam.